Timber Frame Construction
by Jack Sobon and Roger Schroeder
A must for owner-builders and beginning timber framers.
If you have only dreamed about the beauty of building with timbers, this book will open your eyes. It will convince you that this method is not only practical today for homes and other buildings, but often is less expensive than "stick building."
Here is a practical how-to book for both beginers and experienced carpenters who want to try this method. It offers:
- The basics of timber framing.
- How to design for strength and beauty.
- How to combine modern tools and time-tested methods.
- A starter project: How to build a 12 x 16-ft. garden toolshed.
- Dozens of illustrations and photos that make it easy to understand.
One of the best-known and most distinctive figures in the timber-framing revival, Jack Sobon knows how to make home building affordable with economical hand tools, by taking control of the processing of building materials, and through using local inexpensive supplies.