Please submit an application through our Indeed Jobs page
Fitzgerald's Heavy Timber is a Design-Build firm providing full-service design, engineering, and construction services for new and existing heavy timber buildings. Our work primarily involves working directly with the owner of the building. Our projects are about 85% residential customers and 15% non-residential customers. Our projects are about 75% existing buildings, and the remaining are new buildings. Most are in Maryland's Frederick County. We also work in PA, WV, and VA.
You will be the Principal Architect in the office working with the company's Structural Engineer and Project Manager.
The following is a summary of your work responsibilities as an Architect in our company.
As the Architect, I am accountable for completing all architectural design, growing the company’s architectural capacity, and developing systems for architectural design. I have sole responsibility and approval power on my stamped architectural designs.
My Position's Work Listing:
1) Determine market areas to focus on that align with the overall company mission.
2) Meet clients to develop designs meeting their requirements/requests.
3) Promote/advertise the company’s architectural/engineering services.
4) Develop and approve all architectural designs.
5) Complete all internal architectural needs and solicit architectural services to others.
6) Conduct modeling and/or drafting needed to complete architectural design deliverables.
7) Create shop drawings for components fabricated in-house.
8) Review Project Bids for cost estimating and scope of work completeness per company standards.
9) Draft, review, and present Design Services proposals.
10) Review design hours invoices and billing.
The following are the standards my performance will be measured against during reviews, and I will strive to meet or exceed the following standards.
1) Annually earn the company at least 150% of my salary in design services.
2) Complete 75% of design contracts within their budget.
3) Minimize RFIs for all designs by making complete, descriptive, project drawings.
4) Have no more than 10% of projects require an addendum due to oversight.
5) All design contracts shall pertain to primarily timber structures.
6) Ensure all architectural laws, licensing, and ethics all followed.
7) Maintain an architectural license in MD and add PA, VA, and WV if I do not currently hold them.
1) I will follow company policies and procedures.
2) I will learn new company practices, systems, and procedures as they are implemented.
3) I will follow and help to enforce safety procedures.
4) I will arrive on time and be prepared for meetings.
5) I will maintain a consistent work schedule.
6) I will keep my work calendar up to date for my and others' reference.
7) I will maintain accurate time tracking records.
8) I will always represent the customer’s interests and the company's values.
The following skills and proficiencies are what I will need to fulfill this position. If I do not currently have the skill or level of skill listed, I am expected to notify my managers so the company can help me develop the necessary skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $68,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply