Director of Timberframe Production
Bensonwood Homes is seeking an experienced builder and leader to manage our Timber Framing shop in Walpole, NH. Our Timberframe team is experienced at using advanced technology in combination with highest quality craftsmanship to create sustainable, healthy buildings.
At Bensonwood we believe in creating better buildings for a healthier planet. Our dedicated employees work on projects of every size, collaborating with homeowners and building professionals. With more than five decades of award-winning residential and commercial projects throughout the US as evidence, our company’s dynamic, team-oriented culture values environmental responsibility and improving design and construction standards.
This position will be responsible for the production and people management of our growing 5-10 person timber frame team, and work closely with the Production Officer to establish clear goals and metrics, as well as other Production Directors to ensure cross-department alignment.
The person in this role should be a goal-oriented experienced leader, well-versed in motivating team members and effective and clear communication practices.
- Lead, motivate and organize training to achieve production results, improve individual skills, and enhance teamwork.
- Work with master timber framer and other team members to maintain the highest levels of quality and continued innovation in our timber framing practices.
- Conduct team meetings, motivate personnel and manage conflict resolution.
- Maintain and manage staff and schedules, including temporary staff. This includes managing a schedule of crews that are traveling to site, and serving as a point-of-contact for job-captains working on site.
- Understand and optimize staff and resource distribution to achieve and exceed company goals.
- Optimize resources and develop and implement best practices to ensure smooth production flow.
- Improve material flows and reduce waste.
- Recommend new equipment and processes as appropriate to achieve increased cost-effective efficiencies.
- Work closely with Safety Manager to ensure proper training and adherence to established safety practices.
- Participate in quality assurance coordinating tasks to achieve goals in time management and production.
- Timber framing experience preferred
- Minimum 10 years in construction required
- 3-5 years management experience preferred
- Experience aligning production capabilities with company financial goals
- People management experience, including goal-setting, regular performance check-ins and evaluations, training and development, etc.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office and CAD skills required
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Accustomed to adhering to deadlines and performing under pressure
- Aptitude for independent, problem-solving
- Ability to assign, direct and delegate responsibilities
- Diplomatic hands-on style of management
- Strong work ethic and pride in their work
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills at all levels
- Customer-centric focus
Compensation & Benefits
- Wage is commensurate with experience
- Benefits include: medical insurance, holidays, paid time off, 401(K), voluntary dental, voluntary short-term disability, and voluntary life insurance
Blackjack Crossing Rd
Walpole, NH 03608