Draftsperson / Designer
South County Post & Beam, Inc. (SCPB) is a family run company specializing in timber frame construction for high-end residential properties and large-scale commercial projects. Founded in 1976, SCPB has an impeccable reputation for superb craftsmanship and customer service. We are looking for someone with a passion for partnering with clients in building beautiful structures of environmentally friendly materials in a highly collaborative team environment.
The Draftsperson/Designer will be responsible for creating detailed shop drawings of components made from a diverse set of materials in order to support ordering, fabrication, and installation. The ideal candidate will have a meticulous attention to detail and precision in support of SCPB’s vision for production efficiency and delivery of high-quality work product.
- 3d modeling of timber frame structures
- Detailed shop drawings for timber, steel, and other components as required per project
- Square footage calculations and material take-offs for hardware and other items
- Understanding of project objectives in order to efficiently support project managers with required drawings, communications, and information
- Serve as a key link with clients, engineers, and architects; maintain communication with up-to-date information and review any deliverables in detail as needed
- Work closely with in-house carpentry teams on fabrication and installation of timber components in projects
- Work on multiple projects in parallel, each which may be in their own stage of completion
- Understand and abide by safety standards in compliance with local and federal law
- Work within established technology and systems
- Associate’s degree in drafting, architecture, or related field (construction preferred)
- Proficient with AutoCAD Architecture (2018 and later)
- Familiarity with SketchUp (experience not required)
- Solid understanding of construction detailing
- 3d modeling of timber framing preferred, but not required
- Solid prioritization skills and ability to re-prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Experience with standard Microsoft office tools: Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Deadline driven, must be able to work under time pressure
- Expert listening and communication skills
- Positive, proactive, and helpful attitude
521 Liberty Ln.
W Kingston, RI 02892