Experienced Timber Frame Crew Leader
WholeTrees is a Wisconsin-based company that prefabricates structural systems made of round timber. The company currently seeks a detail-oriented leader with broad experience in crew-leadership, timber framing, and light construction to join our fabrication crew in Westby, WI and train into a floor foreman. The position will be over seen by Westby's Production Manager and will work closely with experienced WholeTrees foremen and inventory leadership.
This position will include the following immediate responsibilities:
- Work 40 hours a week at Westby, WI fabrication facility as round timber framer, truss fabricator, crew leaderand carpenter.
- Travel on an as-needed basis to lead installation crews of WholeTrees structural products.
- Work with Production Manager and Senior Timber Foreman to continue innovation within an existing historyand catalogue of avante garde round timber structural systems and connections.
Other future responsibilities:
- Work with crew leaders to focus on production, quality, and profitability in all aspects of production.
- Prepare forest inventory for projects by peeling, cleaning, painting, sanding, and tracking timbers/inventory.
- Assist in the on-site timber framing joinery unique to WholeTrees Structures, and travel to regional locationsfor installation of WholeTrees components and structures at project sites.
- Assist WholeTrees drafters and project managers in preparing shop drawings for national clientele.
- Minimum of 5 years-experience with timber frame other forms of high- detail construction or finish work
- Minimum 3 years leading timber frame or other high-detail construction teams
- Process oriented personality, focusing on organization of space, schedules, materials, tools, equipment, inventory
- Familiar/experienced with chainsaw operations/safety
- Personable with teammates
- Flexible schedule, regular regional travel
- Adept with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to interpret architectural drawings, and translate drawings into an efficient process - start to finish
- Driver's License and vehicle for getting to WholeTrees office and work sites
- Strong intuitive problem solving skills
- A background in, and passion for, the environmental movement/green construction industry
- Ability to see the whole picture as well as its parts
- Own tools/chain saw, timber framing tools, chisels, etc.
Wage negotiable based on experience with opportunity for advancement. Benefits and Paid Time Off begin after 3 months. Evaluations scheduled once a year.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to
Subject Line: “Timber Frame Foreman Position”
800 Williamson St.
Madison, WI 53703