Senior Structural Engineer
As our Senior Structural Engineer you will be responsible for upholding and continually improving our engineering standards for our sustainable residential and commercial structures. You will also work closely with our leadership and sales teams, playing a critical role in business development, helping to build a pipeline of projects to be constructed in our state-of-the-art pre-fabrication manufacturing facility in New Hampshire.
BWC’s engineers have played a critical role in the company’s history; their design skills and innovative structural solutions have been key factors in the company’s success. We are looking for a candidate who can continue that legacy.
Bensonwood combines heritage craftsmanship with next generation technology, creating homes and commercial structures that are better for people and the planet. We specialize in customizable standards-based architecture and offer customizable and fully custom design/build services for projects requiring the highest levels of energy efficiency and minimal on-site building time.
Our commitment to sustainability is at the core of everything we do. We prioritize the use of bio-based non-toxic and low embodied energy materials and take every opportunity to minimize waste – because we believe that the needs of today’s generation should never come at the expense of tomorrow’s.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Lead the planning, design, and production of engineering drawings and/or supervise the production of these drawings.
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with prospective clients and architect/builder partners who share our values.
- Attend or conduct site visits with clients, architects, and subcontractors.
- Communicate confidently with other design and construction professionals regarding engineering details and Bensonwood’s unique value proposition.
- Conduct engineering investigations and planning work including the collection and analysis of data using established procedures, performance of routine calculations, and participation in evaluating the feasibility of alternate solutions.
- While our principle structural medium is wood, both solid-sawn and engineered timber, you will also be responsible for the engineering of concrete, steel and other building materials as needed for our projects.
- Work closely with our in-house architects on our residential projects, as well as engage with outside architects, developers and construction managers to facilitate our involvement in the other building sectors.
- Perform engineering calculations.
- Perform field observations of construction where appropriate.
- BS/MS in related Engineering Field
- 6+ years’ experience as a Structural/Architectural Engineer
- Licensed Engineer
- Experienced in CAD programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Expertise in sustainable design and building.
- Expertise in providing consultative style service.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive, team player that thrives in a fast-moving environment.
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation and exact title for this position will be based on skill level and experience. All candidates should have legal work status in the United States. Bensonwood is an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Dental insurance
- Voluntary Short-term Disability
- Profit Sharing
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.