Ridgeline Log and Timber is a full-service, specialty timber frame and reclaimed wood supply company. Our most recent reclaimed wood supply venture has been growing at a rapid pace over the past year and a half. We operate out of two facilities; our main offices/retail yard are located at 1675 High School Rd. Jackson, WY and our projects yard, which is located on private property north of town. Having two yards helps us better serve projects all over the valley. We fully immerse ourselves in the reclaimed wood and timber frame scopes from start to finish, giving our customers a full, personal service.
Job Title: Full Time Timber Crew Leader
Location: Jackson, WY / Big Sky, MT
Hours: 7 A.M. – 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project Coordination and Planning
· Constant communication with project foreman regarding schedule status
· Communicate any discrepancies or change orders to Project Manager
· Generate a 3 week schedule for your crew’s project activities; update and forward to senior crew leader weekly
· Communicate and monitor project progress with client and other trades via weekly site visits
· Coordinate and sequence activities with client’s project leadership
· Identify and troubleshoot manpower workloads to as even pace as possible without overtime or layoff
Safety and Certifications:
· train and mentor crew members with practical skills for their position
· oversee all craftsman activities on your crew and record hours with codes on timecards daily
· monitor and control productivity and quality control
· ensure all safety standards are being met, and support use of best practices whenever possible
· Have a current and on file OSHA 10-hour certification.
Materials and Workspace
· submit small orders for project fasteners, consumables, and safety supplies 1 week in advance
· Responsible for the materials (cut sheet) and shop drawings for your designated project or assembly.
· Responsible for labelling, staging, and protecting all project materials for designated project.
· Responsible for correct layout, milling, joinery, and install required for designated job
· receive, account for, and store project materials in designated area
· report any discrepancies or quality issues immediately to supervisor
· ensure all materials are stored properly and protected from weather conditions
· maintain work areas and jobsite to safety standards; adjust and/or report any hazards immediately
· verify repair/adjustment to any safety hazard prior to commencing work and document in daily log
· enforce/facilitate daily cleanup and housekeeping duties of all work areas; including both the North Yard and project sites
Daily communication and documentation
· maintain daily log for designated projects on Buildertrend app/website
· include safety entry on every project daily report
· complete and code all crew member timecards; forward to Senior Crew Leader at the end of each week
· collect, cost code, and forward any receipts for all project purchases weekly with timecards
Management Support to Crew Leader
· project managers will provide project material orders and shipping information
· project managers will provide project cost codes, budget for supplies and fasteners
Craftmanship: See craftsman job descirption
Tool List: See craftsman job description
· Personal integrity, strong work ethic and a desire to learn.
· Effective communication and teamwork skills.
· Spanish speaking - a plus
· Pay Rate: DOE up to 40 hours per week.
· Paid Time Off
· Health Insurance
· Company Matching Simple IRA program