Timber Framer - Fayetteville, WV
We need a full time Timber Framer to join our team!
Handcrafted Homes Timberframe is owned by Eric Moerschel who has been building handcrafted frames for 27 years. He is honest, straight-forward, a thorough communicator, and has a great sense of humor. He has built strong relationships with General Contractors and Architects who work with high-end clients.
The company is located in Fayetteville, WV – which is a beautiful place to live: near the gorgeous New River, hiking, climbing, excellent restaurants, and a strong arts community.
A serious applicant will be safety-conscious and must be DRUG FREE, willing and able to communicate in a timely manner, have a motivated / committed work ethic, and have basic technology skills.
Timber Framer/Carpenter Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches and to understand project specifications
- Take measurements and calculate the sizes and amounts of materials needed for the project
- Work with a small crew to create frames from timbers.
- Travel to jobsites to erect timber frames at private residences and commercial properties.
- Be familiar with hand and power tools as well as forklift and truck with gooseneck trailer.
- Sand and stain finished frames.
- Inspect products and conduct repairs or maintenance as needed.
- Comply with all company and governmental safety guidelines.
Carpenter Requirements and Qualifications
- Valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation is a must-have.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a carpentry program at a vocational school or carpentry apprenticeship preferred.
- 1+ years of professional carpentry experience a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods, including installation and construction.
- Proficient in using electrical and hand tools as well as measurement tools.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints and technical drawings.
- Good physical condition, strength, stamina, and dexterity.
To apply, please contact Eric or Caroline.
PO Box 74
Oak Hill, WV 25901