We are looking for a skilled employee with a background in timber framing. Qualified candidates will be working in our shop as part of a dynamic and skilled team of CNC machine operators, designers and laborers.
Rocky Mountain Joinery is a state-of-the-art heavy timber fabrication facility located in Lafayette, Colorado. RMJC designs, fabricates and installs commercial and residential heavy timber structures throughout North America.
The essential job functions or duties of this position are as follows:
· Performs precision layout and cutting and labeling of timber frame components.
· Assures materials and products meet specification and our quality standards.
· Must read and adhere to plans and shop drawings.
· Moves and handles high end timbers with forklifts and by hand.
· Test fits, assembles and finishes timbers using shop tools and equipment.
· Maintains a good shop environment, tools and equipment
· Use of various portable hand and power tools and other woodworking equipment.
· Shop work as needed. This may include planing, resizing and other basic woodworking jobs as necessary.
· Other duties as assigned by the manager.
Skills / Requirements
· Min. 2-3 years of experience in the woodworking industry.
· Advanced knowledge about timber framing and joinery would be a huge benefit.
· Passion for wood working
· High School Diploma/ GED
· Ability to lift 50lbs continuously
· Able to operate a forklift
· Willingness to follow instruction and work in a team
· Able to report and communicate with management
Opportunity to grow with RMJC
· Receive training on Hundegger K2 CNC machine and become machine operator
· Potential to advance to a supervisory position
· Technical assistance and travel to job sites in North America and the Caribbean.
Applicant will receive a competitive wage and become part of a fast-growing and dynamic company.