Wanted: US Operations Director
Duncan & Grove is a playground equipment design, manufacture, and installation company with over 10 years of experience building award-winning playgrounds. It manufactures a range of high-quality natural play equipment as well as building large bespoke structures.
Offering extraordinary scope and potential:
Duncan & Grove is looking for a US Operations Director who is highly driven to establish its US manufacturing base and rapidly build capacity to allow further expansion and growth in the timber playground industry.
This role offers a significant opportunity for an ambitious, experienced professional with a desire to develop their career with a fast-growing company. The person in this role will work under the direction of our Senior Management Team and company vision, although they will be expected to be self-sufficient and operate autonomously. We want someone who is driven to succeed.
- Establish the US manufacturing facility with a focus on timber and metal manufactured play products.
- Recruit and build a strong team. This manufacturing team will be capable of building ambitious designs put forth by our internal design team and external client base.
- Develop and implement the procurement, sourcing, supply chain, distribution, and logistic strategy consistent with the overall group business strategy.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time and to our quality standards.
- Deliver continuous improvements in manufacturing process efficiencies.
- Establish and maintain positive customer and supplier relationships.
- Ensure all work is undertaken in accordance with the company's health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Ensure all products are manufactured in accordance with ASTM F1487 “Standard Consumer Safety Performance Specification for Playground Equipment for Public Use” (Training will be provided).
- An experienced Operational Director from within the construction/manufacturing/carpentry industries.
- Have good attention to detail and be very much a strategic and analytical thinker. A natural forward planner who critically assesses your own performance.
- Be comfortable in dealing with challenges at all levels.
- Be a "go-getter", energetic and determined to succeed with an entrepreneurial streak.
- Be a strong negotiator, with excellent people management skills, be ambitious and results orientated.
- Will be able to demonstrate experience of leading and delivery of projects.
- A track record of creating lean and customer-focused operations.
Experience in any of the following will be considered an asset to the role:
- Experience in Landscape of Architectural construction
- Project Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Operations Management
- Warehouse Operations
To apply please send your resume with a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications for this position to email@example.com. In your resume ensure you provide a brief description of the organizations that you have previously or currently work for. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note however that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pay: $115,000.00 + per year