Spring is on the wind in British Columbia, and the Pemberton project is rapidly approaching. We can use "a couple more" on the crew, but the window is closing fast. Intense planning now on work stations, site layout, educational content, and the preliminary raising script. The community has assigned all meals to village restaurants and groups, plus some home-billeting and celebration Friday evening May 23.
Crew info: email Randy.
- the TTRAG tour, kicking off with a visit to Sandown Meetinghouse (1773), widely considered the finest example of its type from Colonial America;
- a Timber Frame Engineering Council talk on bowstring trusses by Ben Brungraber;
- Marcus Brandt on saltwater timber framing (shipbuilding);
- Old World and New World timber framing (David Bahler);
- Rudy Christian and Lisa Sasser on saving the African house;
- a portable sawmill on site;
- the Timber Olympics plus lots more demos;
- Ken Burns as the plenary speaker.
read the posts