The Guild supports companies and other institutions with a broadened focus that includes:
A wide array of professional training opportunities for all members developed with an eye to accessibility and affordability.
VISIBILITY AND REPRESENTATION
A regular ongoing publicity campaign about Guild events that includes both traditional and social media, and active outreach to architects, engineers, educators, general contractors, and building owners - the end-users who make buying decisions.
We provide companies and other institutions with a platform for in-person and distance networking opportunities with peers and industry leaders. We also facilitate collaborative research programs and through our quarterly journal provide a venue for disseminating outcomes.
CREDIBILITY AND BRANDING
Our services help the public and clients you serve understand the benefits of timber-framed structures. We help others recognize the quality and integrity of such buildings; and to the craft, technology, and business of timber frame construction.
Your Membership Benefits Include:
- LISTING ON FIND A TFG COMPANY: This sophisticated search tool on TFGuild.org combined with your profile page directs customers to your website, improves your SEO, and puts leads in your inbox.
- BUSINESS DOCUMENT LIBRARY ACCESS: In recent years, TFG Companies have worked together to build a collection of basic business documents: contracts, safety plans, personnel manuals, etc.
- MEMBER DISCOUNTS FOR YOUR TEAM: Register your staff or students for conferences, workshops, business bootcamps, webinars, tours, and other programs at TFG member rates.
- 1 FREE MEMBERSHIP to the Timber Framers Guild (includes receiving print copies of our publications) and 3 FREE DIGITAL MEMBERSHIPS (includes online access to publications). Larger firms get 2 print memberships and 6 digital memberships. Contributors at higher levels can get more.
- PARTICIPATION IN PEER-TO-PEER GROUPS: Join a Peer-to-Peer group to connect with timber framing professionals, share ideas and insights, and problem-solve with collaboration and support from your peers in the industry.
- ENGAGE LOCAL ARCHITECTS AND ENGINEERS: TFG authors material sanctioned by the American Institute of Architects (AIA). After a brief training, your company will be eligible to present this TFG-endorsed, CEU-eligible material to architects in your area.
- STEERING COMMITTEE ELIGIBILITY: You can serve and help shape the future of our community.
We have Two Classes of Company Members:
- SMALL FIRMS or INSTITUTIONS: Five or fewer employees or less than $1M/year of income: $530/year.
- LARGER FIRMS or INSTITUTIONS: Six or more employees or more than $1M/year of income: $1,060/year.
- OTHER CATEGORIES: All enterprises, regardless of size, can also be a contributor or sponsor at a higher level.
- Corner Brace Supporters contribute $4,000/year
- King Post Supporters contribute $7,500/year
- Visionary Partners contribute $11,400/year
Colleges or universities, schools for architecture or engineering, and academic research programs should join as enterprises in the "Larger Institutions" category. Small non-profits should join based on the size of their budget.
- To join as a Company Member or Supporter, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can discuss your needs.
- Or simply visit the membership application page and pay your dues with a credit card.
- For additional information, call Jackson DuBois, Executive Director, at 833-862-7376.
"The Guild Branding workshop was brilliant, and what the TFG should be doing. It will change how our company operates for the rest of my life. It's a big deal, and was one of the best things I have ever gotten from my Guild involvement in the last 20 years. Way to go in creating and supporting that, let's bring on more..." - Bo Foard, TFG Company Member
"Thank you for getting me excited about my company once again" - MS, TFG Company Member
When you enroll as a TFG Company member, you are affiliating with the Guild’s 35-year history and exciting present. Not only does your membership support the Guild’s expanding mission, but it yields credibility, opportunity, and connections.
Are You Still Undecided?
TFG also assists its members by offering educational opportunities for developing business skills and creating collective public outreach programs designed to increase awareness – we tell the story of timber framing.
Every company or institution, no matter your service or size, can join and receive value.
Here are some big-picture benefits you will receive:
- Active outreach to architects, engineers, general contractors, building owners, specifiers, and end-users who make buying decisions;
- Creating an educated and informed general public;
- Developing web content that will bring prospective buyers to tfguild.org;
- A regular and ongoing publicity campaign about Guild events and Guild companies;
- A further strengthened and professionally solid Community Building Program;
- Providing valuable SEO data to member companies;
- Additional education in business basics;
- Enhanced TFG publications;
- A wider array of professional training opportunities for hands-on timber framers developed with an eye to accessibility and affordability.
One thing is clear—your membership and participation provide the resources for the Guild to carry out this mission.
New opportunities for the industry
The timber framing industry to buyers and decision-makers
The visibility of timber framing
The interest of timber framing companies and their suppliers.