An initiative of the Wood Products Council, WoodWorks provides free project assistance as well as education and resources related to the design of non-residential and multi-family wood buildings. Our technical experts offer support from design through construction on a wide range of building types—including mid-rise/multi-residential, educational, commercial, corporate, institutional and public.
WoodWorks provides free one-on-one project assistance related to the code-compliant design, engineering and construction of non-residential and multi-family wood buildings.WoodWorks staff have expertise on a wide range of subjects, including but not limited to:
- Allowable heights and areas and construction types
- Structural design and detailing of wood-frame and hybrid material systems
- Fire resistance and acoustical-rated assemblies
- Efficient and code compliant lateral system design
- Alternate means of code compliance
- Energy-efficient detailing
- Application of advanced building systems and technologies
- General product availability
For project-related questions that we aren’t able to answer ourselves, WoodWorks has a large network of affiliated professionals and industry partners. If you don’t know who to ask, chances are we can point you in the right direction.
418 Clubhouse Dr.
Aptos, CA 95003