The Timber Frame Engineering Council (TFEC) formed in 2005 at a Guild conference in recognition of the considerable number of structural engineers among the Guild membership and in response to a felt need for systematic research, discussion, and codification of timber frame joinery and structural practices. Our members are dedicated to advancing the technology of timber frame engineering.
TFEC objectives include:
- Provide an open forum for the discussion of engineering topics.
- Promote appropriate research to advance timber frame and SIP technology.
- Produce technical publications and articles on various topics.
- Advocate amendments to building codes and technical standards.
- Conduct engineering sessions in conjunction with TFG Conferences.
Membership is open to any member of the Timber Framers Guild with an interest in timber frame engineering. To join click HERE.