Let's get together! Join us early next month for a regional rendezvous-style gathering at the Benton County Fairgrounds in beautiful Corvallis, Oregon.
Register now: $160 for the weekend, $90 for Saturday only
WestFest 2022 Schedule
Friday, June 3 - Gather at the Benton County Fairgrounds at 9:30 a.m.
We will be taking three hired vans for the tour. Limit 42 people. (This may be adjusted depending on demand.)
Return to the Benton County Fairgrounds for a BBQ dinner with local brews and wines, from 6-8 p.m. at Guerber Hall. Then, connect around the campfire for the rest of the evening.
Saturday, June 4 - 8 a.m. until late
- 8 a.m. - Breakfast and presentations at Guerber Hall.
- 9 a.m. - Opening remarks and presentation of the Guild and recent Community Building Projects, as well as the Heartwood School. Speakers: Autumn Peterson, Eric S. Howard, Stephen Morrison, and other Guild board members.
- 9:30 a.m. - Presentation: Western fire lookout towers, and new log and timber designs. Speaker: Dave Sullivan (lookouttowers.org)
- 10 a.m. - Presentation: Vapor-Permeable and Carbon-Friendly Wall Envelopes for Timber Framed Buildings. Speaker: Joseph Becker (ION EcoBuilding)
- 10:30 a.m. - Break: Grab some coffee and amazing donuts made by Gathering Together Farm
- 11 a.m. - Presentation: Mixed Media & Oddball Ideas: Unique Solutions to Knotty Problems. Speaker: Mira Steinbrecher
- 12 p.m. - Lunch Buffet
- 1:30 p.m. - All hands-on workshops!
- Timber Frame Fundamentals. This is great for beginners! Square rule layout, cutting, and raising a 12x16’ king post truss frame that will be auctioned off on Saturday night
- Scribing: Round to Square with Jim DeSantis
- Letter Carving in Timbers with Rene Allen
- Woodmizer Sawing Demon: Working with Problem Logs and Sawmilling Timbers 101 with Stu Hemphill. (Outdoor Arena)
- Circular Saw Milling Demo for Big Logs with Dave Sullivan. (Outdoor Arena)
- Axe-Throwing Competition. (Outdoor Arena)
- During the Day:
- KidsBuild Event (10 a.m. - 5 p.m.). For kids aged 8-17, led by Mike Westgard and his awesome group of skilled volunteers. (Floral Courtyard) Register HERE.
- Silent Auction Fundraiser for the Guild (12 p.m. - 5 p.m.). Please bring an auction item!
- 6 p.m. - Dinner and socializing with local brews and local wine bar.
- After dinner, catch some campfire and music time with some fire spinning by local Milo Roberson.
Throughout the day, be sure to participate in the axe throwing competition, visit our vendors and job fair, and bid in the silent auction (open from 12-5 p.m.).
Sunday, June 5 - 8 a.m.
- 8 a.m. - Breakfast at Guerber Hall.
- 9 a.m. - Timber Framing Fundamentals Workshop Conclusion, with Raising and Rigging Demonstration.
- 12 p.m. - Lunch
- 1:30 p.m. - Closing remarks.
After lunch, we will wrap things up and wish you safe travels home, with new stories to tell and new skills under your belt!
WestFest Trade Show
Connect with future clients at this year's trade show, which will take place in the main meeting space at Guerber Hall. Set up Friday and meet prospective customers that evening at the Welcome Feast. Talk with WestFest attendees throughout the weekend before heading home Sunday afternoon.
Current booth vendors: Timber Framers Guild, Heritage Natural Finishes, Foard Panel, two tables of antique tools for sale, Tallwood Institute, Faswall, My Hauler with Claw, Oregon Woodworkers Guild, Pioneer Millworks/New Energy Works, lookouttowers.org, and Premier SIPs. And your company!
Spaces are still available. Contact Autumn Peterson to sign up for a booth in the trade show!
Special Event: KidsBuild
We are looking forward to welcoming kids to this year's WestFest for an all-new KidsBuild, led by veteran instructor Mike Westgard. Learn more HERE.
- RV and tent camping are available on-site. The Benton County Fairgrounds is near the Oregon State University campus and downtown Corvallis, as well as local hiking and biking trails. Contact Autumn Peterson for more information about this option.
- Hilton Garden Inn: On the OSU campus, this is the closest hotel to the fairgrounds and within a mile of a park and downtown Corvallis.
- Courtyard by Marriott: This riverfront hotel offers easy access to the fairgrounds, OSU campus, and downtown Corvallis.
- Holiday Inn Express: An easy walk to downtown Corvallis, this hotel is located on the river as well.
- Hotel Corvallis: A funky, retro, downtown hotel near the OSU campus and other amenities.
Thanks to Our Sponsors!